Make your favorite green smoothie:
- 2 cups of cold water
- 1 to 2 cups of alfalfa sprouts or a mix of the little sprouts (clover, alfalfa, fenugreek, broccoli, cabbage) (I give mine a cool bath on day 5 to free them of their hulls and unsprouted seeds.)
- 1 cup of fairly young mung sprouts (They are great old but a bit tough, so they would need to be strained)
- 5 to 8 of garden fresh greens ( oh the blessings of springtime!)
- Blend and add 1 to 2 cups of crushed ice.
- 1 t. to 1 T Flaxseed oil or 1/4 to 1/2 ripe avocado
Pour some of this into each jar to make room for the bananas! Then add: four ripe bananas
This is my most special drink. It is fattening! It is full of fun and makes the day full of joy and laughter!
I pour these into glass bottles and keep them cold and drink them throughout the day. Absolutely heavenly food! It takes some time, but I do this only one morning a week. The rest of the week, I just do Step Two smoothies.
I love sharing my recipe with all the folks at and who use the EasyGreen sprouter, or any sprouter! Sprouts ARE happiness!
From- Betsy Cook