Evidence that Including the Nutrition of Sprouts and Raw Foods in Your Diet Leads to Increased Health and Vitality, Helps to Lose and Maintain Healthy Weight, and May Also Help to Prevent and Ameliorate Symptoms of Cancer and Other Serious Diseases
EasyGreen.com website is not intended to substitute for medical advice. EasyGreen Factory makes no claims that you will be cured of cancer or any other diseases from eating sprouts. We can say with confidence that much research indicates that the nutrition of sprouts can and do influence health profoundly. Here is some of the research we use to back our claims:
British Journal of Nutrition
- Enhancing sulforaphane absorption and excretion in healthy men through the combined consumption of fresh broccoli sprouts and a glucoraphanin-rich powder
John Hopkins Medicine
- “JOHNS HOPKINS SCIENTISTS have found a new and highly concentrated source of sulforaphane, a compound they identified in 1992 that helps mobilize the body’s natural cancer-fighting resources and reduces risk of developing cancer.“
- “Gutsy Germs Succumb to Baby Broccoli“
- “Alfalfa seeds lower low density lipoprotein cholesterol and apolipoprotein B concentrations in patients with type II hyperlipoproteinemia.” J. Molgaard, et al. Atherosclerosis. May 1987; 65(1-2): 173-9.
- “Interactions of alfalfa plant and sprout saponins with cholesterol in vitro and in cholesterol-fed rats.” J.A. Story, et al. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. June 1984; 39(6): 917-29.
- “Synergistic activity of sorafenib and sulforaphane abolishes pancreatic cancer stem cell characteristics.”
Molecular OncoSurgery, University of Heidelberg and German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany.
- “Sulforaphane, a dietary component of broccoli/broccoli sprouts, inhibits breast cancer stem cells.”
Li Y, Zhang T, Korkaya H, Liu S, Lee HF, Newman B, Yu Y, Clouthier SG, Schwartz SJ, Wicha MS, Sun D. Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA.
- “Broccoli sprouts: an exceptionally rich source of inducers of enzymes that protect against chemical carcinogens.”
Fahey JW, Zhang Y, Talalay P. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1997, 94(19):10367-10372.
- “The ethyl acetate extract of alfalfa sprout ameliorates disease severity of autoimmune-prone MRL-lpr/lpr mice.” Y.H. Hong, et al. Lupus March 2009; 18(3): 206-15.
- “Studies on germination conditions and antioxidant contents of wheat grain.”
Yang F, Basu TK, Ooraikul B., Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2P5, Canada.
- “Selenium enrichment of broccoli sprout extract increases chemosensitivity and apoptosis of LNCaP prostate cancer cells.”
Rizky Abdulah, Ahmad Faried, Kenji Kobayashi, Chiho Yamazaki, Eka W Suradji, Kazuto Ito, Kazuhiro Suzuki, Masami Murakami, Hiroyuki Kuwano, and Hiroshi Koyama
The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.org
- “Alfalfa, Vitamin E, and Auto-immune Disorders,” Victor Herbert and Tracy Stopler Kasdan. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition October 1994; 60(4): 639-40.
Medicinal Herb Info.org
- “Alfalfa” (Contains many useful links to further research)
International Journal of Applied Science
- “Second Generation Antioxidants from Cress Sprouts”
D. Schmid, C. Schurch, S. Muller, F. Zulli (Sprouts contain more phytonutrients in each calorie than any other food. Phytonutrients act in both disease amelioration and prevention. )
University of Ulster Study
- “Raw Food Eaters Thin but Healthy.” BBC News, March 29, 2005.
Times of India
US Department of Agriculture
- Find nutritional information on sprouting at this searchable scientific database at the USDA.
Quickly and easily sprout organic, non-gmo seeds and wheatgrass in the EasyGreen Automatic Sprouter. Pump up, lose weight, feel great! No weeding required!