Here’s how Raw Food Guru Keela Sanders describes herself:
“Whole, organic, vegan foodista. Raw Food guru. Lucid dream Jedi. Up-cycling princess. Qi gong ninja. Adventurer. X-Files Junkie. Eternal Student.”
We think she’s all of that and a bag of chips! I first found Keela tweeting like a sweet bird @renderedRAW. At the time, she was putting together a brand new raw food cookbook and offered to share the following recipe with us in return for some Wisdom Blend seeds(hint hint).
Keela’s a fresh, upcoming face on the raw food scene. A quick look at the sheer volume of tweeted recipes she invents and churns out will give you some idea of how seriously the Oregonian chef takes herself. She should; she’s got a lot of what it takes – gumption, inventiveness, ambition, and a bit of a wild side. Oh, and did I mention… an impeccable taste in food and the ability to make it look great on a plate.
It’s taken us a while to feature the recipe, but that’s just as well. Now we can announce that Keela’s new cookbook is hot off the press at Etsy and that we plan to devote a whole page to Keela and her love of raw foods in honor of Valentine’s day. Congratulations, Keela. Keep up those tweets… and the glorious raw recipes. We’re in your corner!
Sweet Corn Polenta with Beefsteak Marinara, Sprouts and Hemp Seeds
- Handful of Sprouts
- 2 T. Shelled Hemp Seeds
For Beefsteak Marinara
- 1 c. Diced Beefsteak Tomato
- 1/4 c. Diced Sweet Onion
- 1 t. Italian Seasoning
- 1 T. Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 3 T. Diced Sundried Tomatoes
For Raw Polenta
- 1 1/2 c. Sweet Corn Kernels
- 1/2 c. Almond pulp
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1 1/2 T. Psyllium Husk Powder
- Blend polenta ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Set aside or use a mold and cheesecloth for a firmer polenta.
- Blend marinara ingredients in a food processor until there are only pea sized chunks of tomato.
- On a plate, position polenta and top with marinara, sprouts and a sprinkling of hemp seeds.